I put it on my hands to see what it is like. Yeah, no. Makes my hand itch and sting. Nope, nopity nope. That was quite some time ago and my hand still itches and burns. Good thing I was smart enough to put it on the back of my hand to test it. It has glycerin, water, propanediol, and cellulose gum. I have no idea with propanediol is but that seems to be problematic. I looked it up: Propanediol has received some bad press due to its same empirical formula to propylene glycol, but Propanediol is distinctly different than Propylene Glycol in several ways. All I know is I must have a serious allergy to it or something. I washed it off with dish soap and rinsed it good but my hand still hurts. The box does say to use it with caution and "if you feel uncomfortable, please discontinue use and see a doctor. Keep it away from eyes and ears." Yeah, no kidding. It's in the trash now and I hope other folks don't have the same reaction.