Had I purchased this for myself to use, would I feel a bit different? Yes, however, not by much.
I'll start with why I think this is great for my daughter,
1. Ease of use. This is very simple to write on. It's easy for her to read what she's written down or for her to see what she has drawn. It doesn't have the brightest background, but it's perfect for her and for the price I paid.
2. It's lightweight and is easy for her to carry in her hands.
3. The size is ideal for a 6-year-old who loves to draw her ideas down to get them perfect and then to copy them on to paper once she is happy with her work. There is plenty of room for her to get her work the way she wishes it to be.
4. Her main use of this is to write down her "secret" thoughts to share with me, for me to respond to them, and for her to immediately erase so that her secrets are safe forever! This is awesome for that! She gets hours of fun per week out of it ever since I purchased this.
The issues that I do have with it and the reasons it would not be my preference in LCD tablets, are
1. That the stylus doesn't have a clip that holds it in place when you use the slots provided on the case to carry it.
2. The provided wrist strap is a pain to get threaded into the corner hole. Also, I feel the placement of the hole intended for the strap to go in is in an awkward area and not ideal for use.
3. For my needs, it wouldn't be bright enough. Considering I work in a dimly lit area and would need it for quick note taking I'd need something a bit better in that area.
You have to think about who it is that will be using this product when you purchase it. You have to consider what the person needs it for and if it will suit both the user and the needs of the user.
I'd suggest buying this for a child, without a doubt! My daughter carries around everywhere.
For an adult, it isn't the worst option but there are others out there that may work better.
(P.S. my daughter asked if I could add some way to the back of this for her to hang it on the wall when she wants to write a reminder to herself. We came up with the idea to add a strip of velcro to the top and bottom and align it with where she wishes to place it. Just a bonus tip if anyone needs it!)