Ok. So I'm not a profession cocktail mixer or barman but I have some experience with mixing drinks and I have a signature cocktail (recipe to follow) so this was an ideal entry set for me to 'up' my cocktail game.
It comes in a nice looking wooden stand to hold everything in one place and it looks fancy sat on the kitchen side, leading to friends asking for cocktail demonstrations when they come round.
Stainless steel accessories are nice and sturdy and there's pretty much everything included that you would need (bottle opener, corkscrew, knife, shaker, mixing spoon, jigger and strainer).
Great value set in all.
Now for my signature cocktail which I have tentatively named 'gunpowder'
1. Fill the shaker with crushed ice about halfway
2. Throw in a double shot of spiced dark rum (I used a certain 17th century pirate's brand but you can pick your taste)
3. Top up with cold tea which has been brewed strong (at least 4 teabags for a litre)
3. Shake well
4. Strain into a highball glass over ice
5. Squeeze in the juice from half a lime
7. Throw in a quarter of the juiced lime as garnish
This is based on an old drink apparently served by the British army but with a slight twist. The photos show me mixing one up. I hope someone out there uses this set to enjoy my creation but if not? Hey, it's £18 for a whole cocktail set so experiment and create something of your own!