After owning these lights for a little while, I can say that I am genuinely shocked by their excellent quality. They look beautiful and are the perfect color to add some warmth to my apartment - I've been getting nonstop compliments whenever someone new comes over! The wire is thin but resistant; I've bent it every which way during the multiple times I've rearranged my lights and have yet to experience any damage. I've since changed the setup but at one point I woke up to find that my cat had jumped up and pulled down part of the wire and was happily chewing on it as if it were a toy. I actually specifically chose these lights because they're waterproof, knowing that when my cat inevitably pulled them down to chew on and play with she wouldn't be electrocuted. After it happened I took a close look at where she had been gnawing and even with her sharp tiny teeth I didn't see a single sign of wear and tear. I'm now positive I'll be getting years and years of use out of these!