I have been looking for ways to cut down unhealthy snacks for the family. Homemade popcorn is one of the better options, but making popcorn on stovetop is not as convenient because it can be burnt easily and using the stove is not as kid-friendly. This popcorn maker provides the perfect solution.
- Easy storage: Collapsible
- Comes with a clear silicone lid, to keep popcorn from popping outside the bowl in the microwave, and keep the popcorn fresh when serving
- It has a handle on both sides, and they remain cool so you can easily take it out of the microwave without the need of mittens
- Easy cooking: So simple a kid can do it. Just add popcorn kernels until it reaches the first ring for one serving, or second ring for two. Put the lid on and put into the microwave. Now the tricky part: Different brands and models have different watts, so you might have to try a few times to get the right timings. My microwave has a "Popcorn" button which makes it clearer and easier
- The maker itself is also the serving bowl. I like to toss coconut oil and then mix with nutritional yeast
Now the cons. It does not pass the pinch test if that's important to you, although it claims to be "100% Food Grade Silicone BPA and PVC free".
Overall I like this product. It makes easy popcorn snack for the whole family.