Every company is rushing out to create a ‘smart’ version of everything, even on items you didn’t know needed to be ‘smart’. I saw this device online and had to try it out because I was really curious about why I would need a smart plug for outside use. After testing the product, I am very pleased to say that this was a great purchase that everyone should think about getting.
Here are some features of this plug:
- Remote and voice control for your devices via the Smart Life appl on your phone.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT.
- You can use this device for outdoors, which is great for various decorations and more.
- This features a timer, scheduling and energy monitor. This can help lower your electric bill if you keep a close eye on it.
- This is waterproof so you can keep it outside.
- This supports two plugs, so your one outdoor plug can become two instantly.
One of the only bad things is that this device only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi and there are issues with the password, you can’t include dashes or special symbols in your WiFi name or passwords, which is annoying since I had to change my password so I could connect this device to the network. I hope there is a patch that fixes this issue in the future.
Overall this is a great device that I would highly recommend to anyone that is looking for an outside plug. I am using this for the back yard, but I will have to get one for the front of the house as well.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.